The first of its kind in the UK, our new large-scale visualisation facility at Alliance Manchester Business School offers interactive 3D visualisation of data with laser-sharp definition on a cylindrical matrix of 72 full HD screens.
It will help to develop new insights into data and models, and to support information-intensive brainstorming sessions within the lab or across the world.
The possible uses for the new observatory are endless, whether it be providing high-fidelity interactive visualisations of very large data sets, capturing user behaviour in controlled immersive environments, or digital simulations of manufacturing processes and designs.
Here are just some specific examples of research uses:
– Industry 4.0 - simulating innovative mechanisms for flexible routing of materials through a factory with a complex layout
– Health - visualising health data and immersive observations of brain signals and anatomical models
– Environment - linking air quality simulations and real-time traffic flows to reduce pollution levels
– Marketing - observation of customer behaviour in a simulated retail environment under controlled conditions
– Fintech - visualising monetary flows and stock market behaviours
The observatory can also be used for video conferencing and information-intensive brainstorming. It can display documents from any connected device and uses standard video conferencing software packages such as GoToMeeting.